The Toy Library allows families to borrow from a huge range of toys and games and also offers weekly stay and play sessions where families can dedicate time to playing with their little ones in a safe and nurturing environment. Become a member for just £20 per family per year (£10 for families on benefits) and you can borrow our toys for FREE! To join just complete the form below.
The Toy Library Is Now Open Again: lending playsacks for under 5’s and a selection of board games for older children and families together: each Tuesday, starting 21 July 2020
If you would like to borrow any of our 40+ sacks of toys, games, play resources or wealth of family board games available for up to 4 weeks loan please read the following guidelines in order to book, collect and return your loans. All resources must be booked in advance of collection.
Please note our ‘stay-and-play’ sessions are still currently closed due to lockdown restrictions.
Location: Vallis School, Welshmill, Frome, BA11 3DB
Timings: Between 10.30am and 12.30pm on Tuesdays
Membership: Loans are to members only; scroll down this page to join now
Booking Your Toys: All loans to be booked in advance (not on the day)
Please click here to see our toy selection, make your choice and a note of the playsack number.
Reserve your choice by clicking here to use the ‘send message’ button; quoting the chosen playsack number or board game; please tell us the date of the Tuesday you would like to make pick up.
On arrival at Vallis School/Toy Library, all families will be required to follow hygiene and social distancing measures which will be indicated by signs and staff on site.
Please note: Families MUST NOT attend if they have Covid19 symptoms. If you, or any of your family, have been in contact with anyone who has shown symptoms in the previous 14 days we would ask you please to delay your visit for a fortnight and re-book for a future session.
The Toy Library are following very strict measures to ensure that all play sacks are clean and the process is safe. We will be quarantining as well as cleaning items.
Saturday loans are currently suspended; they will be re-instated at the first opportunity as we continue our partnership with theShare Shop, The Bridge, Frome
Come and join us at our twice weekly stay and play sessions. (Currently suspended)
All photos by Steve Creffield Photography
Storing the information in the form below.
We collect this information in order to monitor memberships and will contact you when your membership is about to expire. We will use your information for running the membership and for data analysis. Our mailing list will be used to contact you about Toy Library updates and events. Personal information will be kept securely, will not be shared with others and will be destroyed after your membership has expired.
Please now use the PayPal button to pay the £20 per family per year (£10 for families on benefits). We will send an email with your membership number after processing your application.
Please use the PayPal button below to pay for membership.
Please choose the amount you wish to pay.
Toy Library Terms and Conditions
We collect this information in order to monitor memberships and will contact you when your membership is about to expire. We will use your information for running the membership and for data analysis. Our mailing list will be used to contact you about Toy Library updates and events. Personal information will be kept securely and will be destroyed after your membership has expired.
Please tick the box in the form to give consent for us to store your details as outlined above
- There is a joining fee of £20 per family per year (£10 for families on benefits)
- Toys may be borrowed by any person who has completed a membership form.
- Toys need to be returned by the date shown in the register, in a clean and undamaged state.
- Any lost or damaged toys must be replaced.
- The Toy Library accepts no liability for loss, damage or injuries resulting in death, however caused, from the use of the library and its equipment.
- The Toy Library reserves the right to terminate a Membership.
- On becoming a Member parents and carers are agreeing to accept the terms and conditions of the Toy Library.
- It is the Member’s responsibility to look carefully at the toys before choosing them to make sure that they are appropriate for the age and circumstances of the child.
Health and Safety
- Please ensure that you supervise your children while selecting toys as they are your responsibility.
- Toys that have small parts or are for water use need to be used under adult supervision at all times.
- Toy Library staff will check toys for broken parts and remove those not fit for purpose.
- Parents/carers must remove any unsafe packaging before allowing their child to use a toy.
- Toys will be cleaned regularly with suitable cleaning materials.
- Toys must be stored safely at home eg. toys with small parts kept out of reach of very young children, heavy toys stored safely.
- We will strive to respond to the individual ethnicity, gender, disability and religious needs of our Members.
- Members will receive equal access to all equipment available regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability or ability. All Members will receive the same time for choosing toys and appropriate advice on which toy to borrow.
- Staff will endeavour to ensure that resources reflect changing needs.
- When becoming a Member of the Toy Library, Members agree to abide by the Equal Opportunities policy (available to read in Toy Library sessions). Incidents of racism, prejudice or discrimination may result in termination of Membership.