The Toy Library allows families to borrow from a huge range of toys and games and also offers weekly stay and play sessions where families can dedicate time to playing with their little ones in a safe and nurturing environment. Become a member for just £20 per family per year (£10 for families on benefits) and you can borrow our toys for FREE! To join just complete the form below.
News Flash! Stay-and-Play sessions are now open again as of Thursday 3rd Dec
The Toy Library lending service is also open on Thursdays: lending playsacks for under 5’s and a selection of board games for older children and families together: each term-time Thursday. Toys can now also be home-delivered to you by arrangement (just get in touch).
Location: Vallis School, Welshmill, Frome, BA11 3DB
Timings: Between 9.30am and 12.00 midday on Thursdays
Membership: Loans are to members only; scroll down this page to join now
To borrow any of our 50+ sacks of toys, games, play resources or family board games please read the following guidelines in order to book, collect and return loans.
Booking Your Toys:
If you would like a specific toy, please reserve it in advance (not on the day). If you are happy to choose the day from the toys in stock then just turn up!
To Book Your Toys: If you would like to borrow any of our 50+ sacks of toys, games, play resources or family board games, which can either be collected or delivered, you need to:
1/ Join as a Member; simply scroll down to the foot of this page and make your membership registration with the form below (select £20 or £10 for a whole year of toys)
2/ Click here to see our toy selection, make your choice and take a note of the playsack number.
3/ Reserve your choice by clicking here: this takes you to our Facebook page. Please use the Face Book ‘send message’ button to message us, make your request, quote the chosen playsack number or board game and maybe give us your phone number in case there are questions
Not a user of Face Book? …then use the Toy Reservation email – just click here
The Toy Library is following very strict measures to ensure that all play sacks are clean and the process is safe. We will be quarantining as well as cleaning items.
On arrival at Vallis School/Toy Library, all families will be required to follow hygiene and social distancing measures which will be indicated by signs and staff on site. If the gate is closed , please ring the bell for attention.
Please note: Families MUST NOT attend to borrow or return if they have Covid19 symptoms or if you, or any of your family, have been in contact with anyone who has shown symptoms in the previous 14 days.
Join our weekly “Stay and Play” sessions – re-starting Thursday 3rd December!
To make sure that we can run our stay and play in a safe a way we have new measures in place. Please make sure that you read this information carefully.
9.30am to 12 noon on Thursdays during term time at Vallis School community room – suggested donation of £1 per child.
- Adults will need to wear a mask and keep 2m apart
- No more than 4 families at a time – 1 adult and up to 2 children per family
- Please do not attend if you have Covid symptoms or if you have been in contact with anyone who has Covid symptoms
- Instructions for entry and cleaning will be explained on arrival
Sessions run on a drop-in basis so please be aware that we may be full when you arrive. As we are re-opening for the first time since lockdown, we’ll be running on a trial basis to start with so please do let us know how the sessions go. You don’t need to be a Toy Library member to attend stay and play sessions, but you can sign up while you are there if you would like to borrow toys.
n.b. Saturday loans are currently suspended; they will be re-instated at the first opportunity as we continue our partnership with the Share Shop, The Bridge, Frome
All photos by Steve Creffield Photography
Storing the information in the form below.
We collect this information in order to monitor memberships and will contact you when your membership is about to expire. We will use your information for running the membership and for data analysis. Our mailing list will be used to contact you about Toy Library updates and events. Personal information will be kept securely, will not be shared with others and will be destroyed after your membership has expired.
If you are buying Membership as a gift for someone else please provide us at the end of this form, with information about you (the gift-giver) and the date until which you wish us to keep the Membership-gift a surprise!
Frome Toy Library Membership Form
Please now use the PayPal button to pay the £20 per family per year (£10 for families on benefits). We will send an email with your membership number after processing your application.
Please use the PayPal button below to pay for membership.
Please choose the amount you wish to pay.
Toy Library Terms and Conditions
We collect this information in order to monitor memberships and will contact you when your membership is about to expire. We will use your information for running the membership and for data analysis. Our mailing list will be used to contact you about Toy Library updates and events. Personal information will be kept securely and will be destroyed after your membership has expired.
Please tick the box in the form to give consent for us to store your details as outlined above
- There is a joining fee of £20 per family per year (£10 for families on benefits)
- Toys may be borrowed by any person who has completed a membership form.
- Toys need to be returned by the date shown in the register, in a clean and undamaged state.
- Any lost or damaged toys must be replaced.
- The Toy Library accepts no liability for loss, damage or injuries resulting in death, however caused, from the use of the library and its equipment.
- The Toy Library reserves the right to terminate a Membership.
- On becoming a Member parents and carers are agreeing to accept the terms and conditions of the Toy Library.
- It is the Member’s responsibility to look carefully at the toys before choosing them to make sure that they are appropriate for the age and circumstances of the child.
Health and Safety
- Please ensure that you supervise your children while selecting toys as they are your responsibility.
- Toys that have small parts or are for water use need to be used under adult supervision at all times.
- Toy Library staff will check toys for broken parts and remove those not fit for purpose.
- Parents/carers must remove any unsafe packaging before allowing their child to use a toy.
- Toys will be cleaned regularly with suitable cleaning materials.
- Toys must be stored safely at home eg. toys with small parts kept out of reach of very young children, heavy toys stored safely.
- We will strive to respond to the individual ethnicity, gender, disability and religious needs of our Members.
- Members will receive equal access to all equipment available regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability or ability. All Members will receive the same time for choosing toys and appropriate advice on which toy to borrow.
- Staff will endeavour to ensure that resources reflect changing needs.
- When becoming a Member of the Toy Library, Members agree to abide by the Equal Opportunities policy (available to read in Toy Library sessions). Incidents of racism, prejudice or discrimination may result in termination of Membership.